Monday, November 7, 2011

Difficulties of my Job

I love almost everything about working from home. Right now I am listening to the rain. With another job, I could be out working in it. I am in my comfy pajama pants and not an uncomfortable dress. I could not be happier.

Now there are some difficulties with this job too. If I don't work, I don't make money. Yes I do have residuals, but I can't just play on the internet or goof off and still get my hourly wage like some people do at work. I don't get sick days or emergency days.

Another thing that is hard about this job sometimes is not having co-workers. It is really hard to deal with people at work, but sometimes you can feel so alone at home. Your friends do not understand your work or why you are always busy.

I have to say I am blessed to have found an amazing friend across the country who does the same work I do. If it was not for her somedays, I would lose my mind. I can talk to her about my job, the stress of it, and the celebrities and she understands it all. You know who you are and please know that I am thankful for you every single day. Now can we just win the lottery so we can meet each other? :)

8 comments:

  1. I would imagine this friend of yours feels exactly the same way you do. Working from home does have its own very unique set of challenges, but it sometimes provides the opportunity to meet some pretty incredible people.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can understand where you are coming from, Mandy. I must say it seems like you have a good handle on it and I think you are doing a terrific job. I think one of these days I could be saying, I knew here when!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, Mandy, I know where you're coming from. I run into the same problems doing family child care.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww thank you Brenda! Tracy I can totally understand! I bet part of it is even harder for you. If I am sick, I can take off just won't make money, but for you it is harder!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Mandy. I can't even tell you how many times I've worked when I shouldn't have. LOL. I have always hated calling in sick and having to call multiple families to tell them I"m sick. Well it sucks!

    ReplyDelete